The three travel agencies of the consortia have the joint project of a Geographical Society to organize travel expeditions to destinations, with the objective of promoting the study, knowledge and respect for the human, natural and environmental geography of the Planet. All current management of the Geographical Society is done manually. The lack of technology results in drawbacks such as providing a poor sale experience, as well as numerous inefficient manual processes. The objective is to implement the technology required by the Geographical Society to promote, commercialize and operate the travel expeditions in a unified and homogeneous way, regardless of the travel agency in charge of organizing it. This includes a CRM, an ERP and a Website where agencies can access independently.
The objective of the project is to implement all the technical infrastructure required by the geographical society to promote, commercialize and operate the travel expeditions in a unified and homogeneous way, regardless of the travel agency in charge of organizing it. In this system, all agencies will publish their products in the same website, but reservations will be assigned and paid to the agency responsible for the expedition, and emails automatically sent from the agency’s email server.
Digital solution that covers the following areas:
- CRM: managing clients that travel with the Geographical Society
- ERP: managing processes related to expeditions and travelers
- Booking Engine: allowing reservations through website or backoffice
- B2C website: complete website with guides, products and search engine
- Global control of the agency organizing the expedition
The impacts of the project can be classified in the following categories:
- socially: our expeditions aim is to improve the knowledge about the world and its people, and creating bridges between different cultures.
- economically: our expeditions are focused on visiting areas of the world where local economies can be improve with sustainable tourism.
- innovation: the digital solution described and the joint effort to promote, market and manage trips organized by different agencies opens the door for other collaborative projects from tourism smes.