The objective of the project is to develop an intelligent digital solution that improves the process of creating our itineraries and presents the proposals and reservations in a visually and user friendly way. This objective will be attained by developing software that allows our agents to build great itineraries in less time. The software will use a digital catalog of services and experiences, built-in intelligence to select the best activities for each destination, and web tools to present the results to the clients.
The current quotation process is time consuming and prone to errors, as well as not being visually attractive for clients. We need to redefine the process of building the itinerary by digitizing all our activities and developing an intelligent tool that helps agents combine those activities in a friendly manner. We also need to radically improve the way we present the information to clients, both by automating the process of preparing the visual documentation and creating a modern online presentation of the proposals and reservations. Finally, in order to improve the collaboration within the consortia, we need to develop tools that help agents to see availability and price of activities organized by the other agencies. The objective is to develop an intelligent tool digitally transforms the itinerary building process, the trip quotation process, how to present the trip to clients and the way the consortia agencies collaborate.
Creating a software that in connection with our booking management system is able to:
• build an itinerary from a preloaded inventory of services from different suppliers of tourism activities.
• quote a trip by calculating the selling price from multiple variables.
• web site with all information of the proposal or reservation
• enable other agencies to access and book activities from the digital catalog
The expected impacts of the project will be:
• increase of sales • improvement of customer service
• proposals that contain more interesting activities for the travelers
• proposals that help diversify the number of travelers doing each activity and visiting each destination, therefore benefiting less frequented destinations and activities.
• increasing collaboration between agencies.